
I will forever after equate snow storms with trips down I-15 to the hospital, or back again. There was a snowstorm the day we drove Bob in for his procedure; there was a snowstorm the day I drove Bob in to the Emergency Room (on Sunday); and there was a storm Wednesday morning, when I drove to the hospital to pick him up (I thought!) and bring him home. The snow cleared during the day and there was some discussion about whether he should be released or not, because they wanted to do a CT scan and make sure there wasn't a bleed somewhere. But during the afternoon some snow began falling again and I took it as a positive sign that we would be going out in it later on. Sure enough -- he got to come home. Not to a comfortable, restful night, but to more pain and misery from bowel impaction due to the pain meds he'd been taking. It took about 24 hours for that situation to get corrected, but he's feeling pretty good now, and even worked a full day today, for the first time in two weeks.
Utah natives have assured me that once General Conference weekend is past, winter will be over for good, and I can only hope this is so but it has snowed the last 2 days, so I'm not holding my breath. My son Cameron is coming for a visit next week and I would love for the weather to be good. I believe the outlook is favorable, although temps will stay in the 50's all week. Still -- if family is here and if Bob feels better my sun will be shining regardless. We have missed essentially 2 weeks of work and by this time should have had the book at the printer's, but it will be very delayed this issue. Too bad -- Bob's health is more important. As regards his procedure, it was very successful and his heart is as steady as a rock now. We didn't expect the pain, swelling, and bruising, which were extensive and which is what sent him back to the hospital for re-admission, but by now the bruising is significantly better and the pain is at least bearable. He doesn't want to take any more pain medication after last night's ordeal. The swelling will just take a long time to go down. His right thigh is twice the size of his left.Bob took a picture of the two of us with my little camera, and I took a video of the snow because it seemed so unreasonable to me. (I see that the snow doesn't show up on the blog video. It shows up clearly on my computer. You would have been impressed!) Needless to say, Bob is back to his old handsome self by now.
The sun did shine for us today, however. Bob went back to work, but the nicest thing about the day was a visit from our beloved Frisco stake president, Jonathan Roberts and his wife Beverly. They were here for General Conference, staying with his mother, Tessie Roberts, a fellow missionary here. We do love those people so dearly and it was so wonderful to see them.
2 comments:
Oh man,
In my minds eye my Dad is not OlD.
When I see this photo, I say to myself what.....how old am I anyway?????? I am so THRILLED that Dad is looking this happy in the hospital!
Thanks for taking such great care of him!!
Love You Nancy!!
I could see the snow storm on MY computer, so I BELIEVE! Hope it IS clear for Cameron.
Post a Comment