
You may not see anything different, but I certainly do. Everything has changed on my little computer since I re-installed the OS. The only things I seem to have permanently lost (and I'm rather sad about it) are all my flute music recordings. I had them on my external hard drive and tried to import them, and they got lost in the ether somewhere. The other files are merely lost on my computer and I can usually find them in some illogical place or other, but at least they're there.
Hey, Frisco people -- do you recognize anyone in the above photo? Reading from left to right: Elder Zornes, Sister Zornes, Tessie Roberts (President Roberts's mother), and Arvilla Finlayson, formerly of the Frisco 5th Ward, and one of my old visiting teaching victims. We had them over for lunch today after the conference, along with my first trainer, Ann Bettinson, and her husband Neil. We had such a good time! These are all people that I love dearly and whose company I love being in. We now have it on good authority where Pres. Roberts gets his famous sense of humor from, and we have material that will take him a long time to live down. Of course, now the group has material on me that I will have to live down, because when we walked in the door after conference it was to discover that the oven, which I had carefully set to come on at 10:30, hadn't cooked the pork roast -- I had forgotten to set the oven temperature! So we did some quick micro-waving, and everything was delicious. But it was a little embarrassing.
I know Bob will talk about the multi-stake conference in his journal. It was wonderful. We had great seats, and the talks were wonderful. It's always so good to hear dear Pres. Monson speak. He can tell a joke with the best deadpan delivery I ever saw. We all loved him.
I have nothing particular to say, but it's nice to be back to normal on my computer, and I just plain wanted to send something. We've been following the train wreck news pretty closely because we both know exactly where it happened -- so close to Bob's old home -- and it's the commuter train that Deane and Debby used to take to work. Very, very sad.
Hey -- I love you all!! Every single one of you!
1 comment:
If Bob talks about the conference in his journals, can we kids get a copy of it? Pretty Please??? Curious minds want to know. :) Deb
Post a Comment