Our New Year's Eve celebration may have ended early, but it was GREAT while it lasted. There was entertainment at the Assembly Hall and in the lobby of our own workplace, the Joseph Smith building, from 5 o'clock on. The Mama's Boys were scheduled at 6:30, and we got there at 5 to be sure to get a good seat. We love those guys! I think Bob and I have both mentioned them before because we went to see them at a dinner theater in Pleasant Grove shortly after we arrived here. I'm going to try with all my might to embed a video so you can enjoy them as well -- hopefully with earphones or a good speaker system. It's a father and his sons (well, one is a nephew because one son is on a mission) and in one instance, a grandson who couldn't be more than 3, and they do the best blue-grass music I ever heard but they also sing beautifully and have some great arrangements of other kinds of music as well.
It's been a wonderful year. I can't even begin to count all the good things about it but I surely do appreciate them. This music kind of perfectly illustrates our mood right now -- upbeat.
* * * * * * * *
Guess what. I waited about 15 minutes while the video uploaded, only to get an error message that told me to contact somebody or other and give them a string of 25 or so numbers. Ain't gonna happen! You'll have to take my word for it that you would have loved them, and Amy would have wanted to adopt the fiddler. Oooh, I'm so frustrated!
Anyway . . . Happy New Year! We love you all and miss you and can't wait to see you!
(Hey, Amy -- how do I change the appearance of the blog? I can't figure it out with my own tiny little mind. We seem to be beyond Christmas, and even as we speak they are taking down all the Christmas trees and lights. So sad.)
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy New Year to you as well! I'm looking forward to a great year! Deb :)
Well, I just sent you a detailed email on how to change your background and then clicked on through to find it already done! Cute, too!
Post a Comment