Here's a link to what we were doing Monday morning at the crack of dawn. I know you won't have the patience to listen to the whole thing, but my arrangement of "What Child Is This?" with the new flute part I wrote just for the Elijah choir comes at 37:00 minutes. The program was in the Assembly Hall. I wish I could watch it with you and point out all the wonderful friends we have in the choir and tell you neat things about them. If I can get hold of one of the pictures Bob took at rehearsal I'll post that as well.Here's the link:
http://stream.lds.org/FCH/Family_History_Devotional_15Dec08_english300.asf
I hope it works, but you won't lose much if it doesn't. We're doing much the same concert the night after Christmas, but without the benefit of 40 of our singers, all of whom have said they would not be here for that performance. Ouch. But I don't blame them -- if I could get home, even for 24 hours, I would do it too.
The rest of the day (and week) was also packed. There was a Branch social and dinner in the evening for which Bob and I were in charge of entertainment, so we were pretty tired by the end of the day. Then on Tuesday at lunchtime we went over to the Church Office Building for another wonderful meal and another little devotional. Today I skipped the luncheon so I could eat with Bob, but still had to sing with a sextet. Then Bob and I took a very long lunch hour so we could finally get our Christmas cards mailed. I'm not worth much tonight, but at least I was able to get some downtime in the recliner and it sure felt good! One more early day this week, but a lot of the pressure is off now.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment