Sunday, March 8, 2009

Today's thrill (for me & Bob anyway)







Here's picture proof that we actually got to sit in the tabernacle choir seats and sing. I never know where these pictures are going to land and don't seem to have any control over them, but maybe I can post them first and then edit later or something (Amy? Help?)
The first picture is of Herbert Klopfer, our organist for today. He's the one who checked me out on the organ that I play in the Joseph Smith building. He's the nicest man in the world. The next picture shows 5 of the ladies in our sextet. The two gals to my right, the lady behind the first empty seat to my left, and the lady on her left are 5/6ths of --- TA DA!! -- The Silvertones. Our most recent hit performance was "Your Cheatin' Heart" with different (genealogy research) words and we rocked. Sort of. The last picture I took and I apologize for my horrible camera technique. That's our director, Something-Something Cramer, a lovely lady and a wonderful musician. She sings in the Tab choir. And you all know the handsome gent standing with her, Something-Something Zornes. Oh wait -- HIS name I remember. It's Robert.
The most difficult part of today was that I lost half of a front tooth this morning and I was trying hard not to smile -- and it was hard, because I was happy to be there!

1 comment:

pinky said...

Enjoyed catching up with your last two blog posts, Nancy. You're an angel! Phill and I have been 'otherwise occupied' the past few weeks with April and her family staying with us and helping them with their recent move (completed yesterday). So...now we're ready to get back in the swing of socializing a little more, which means...dinner out sometime soon. I'll give you a call - so let me know via Facebook (I am babysitting at Sean & Kathi's until the 14th and have no access to my email there) when your smile is fixed so we can head out for the next epicurean adventure. I Love you!