Sunday, October 12, 2008

I admit it, I'm a wimp

Okay, so for the first time we have voluntarily made the decision not to go to the Tab Choir broadcast this morning (the other 2 times we missed were involuntary). Any why did we so choose, you ask? Because it's SNOWING! Urgh! October 12, 2008, still the hot season in California and Texas, we have snow falling. We have to go out once to go to church and that seems like about enough outings for me in my scooter. I think the wind chill puts about minus 79 degrees on my knees, or so it seems. Maybe I'll send my hunter-gatherer out to go kill a buffalo for me and then I'll be nice and warm. Actually, I don't know why I'm whining -- we're going to have a high of 43 today, not even freezing.

On a nicer note, the books will be shipped to our department tomorrow. I'll take a picture and post it. You won't be thrilled by it, but I will.

Speaking of books, I don't know if I've ever shared this nugget with my family: my darling cousin-by-marriage, who lives here in Utah, has written a book which has been accepted and is in the editing process. It's a novel, and she asked me if it was okay if she based her male romantic lead on . . . Deane! I tried to picture his reaction to news like that and could barely stop laughing long enough to give her my permission. I can't wait to read that book! While my family pulls themselves together I will explain to non-family readers that Deane, while I loved him dearly, was NOT a romantic character. 'Nuff said!

1 comment:

Woody said...

Having picked myself up off the floor, I'm gonna go out on a limb and accuse Nanette of this perfidy. She has just the right amount of twisted humor to pull it off, though.

Honestly. Dad, a romantic. Maybe in a Machiavellian sort of way...

Signed: The First of His Five Little Mistakes