
I've been having password problems, although I think it was mostly my fault. Plus, I've been too busy and too tired to blog much. We just had a lovely weekend; not only was my daughter Debby here for a visit, but we attended our first live General Conference, and it was really wonderful. Bob, Deb, and I went to both of the morning sessions and Bob attended the Saturday priesthood session. We all tried valiantly to stay awake through the afternoon broadcasts, but didn't have much luck with that. During the evening priesthood session Debby and I went to the Joseph Smith building and looked at a beautiful exhibit of photographs depicting the life of Christ. They were stunning, and I am anxious to obtain a DVD of the making thereof, assuming one is even available. There is a web site about the display, called reflectionsofchrist.org.
I feel so amazed sometimes at the twists and turns my life has taken. I would never have predicted that I would willingly spend a whole year in Salt Lake City, nor would I have chosen to have the things happen in my life that led up to this situation. If the choices had been mine to make I'm sure I would have taken the easy road, and I shudder to think about what I would have missed out on. This has been a wonderful 4 months and the time has flown by. Literally, before we are ready for it we will have to be thinking about re-locating back home and while we really miss our home, our family, and our friends, it will be terribly difficult to leave behind the friends we've made here, whom we love dearly, and the work, which is so satisfying and -- let's be honest -- fun! There is a lot of laughter occuring constantly in the Admin. Zone, but I believe we are light-hearted rather than light-minded (there is a difference!), for we all take this work very seriously. But no one here takes him-or-herself seriously, which makes them all delightful to be around.
I haven't been doing much picture-taking lately, so I only have one to show you. We took this at Leatherby's, where Bob, Deb, and I went on Friday night with some friends from the mission. It illustrates my point perfectly:
2 comments:
I had soooo much fun with you two over the weekend! And Leatherby's was especially fun with a great group of people. The picture turned out great. What can I say? I needed that weekend and I Thank You for letting me come up! Deb
That picture of Leatherby's is killing Matt - he's been moaning about "mounds of hot fudge" and other such happy goodness. Can't wait for my turn!
Post a Comment