Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh my --






I don't know how other missionaries feel, but I feel very inadequate right now. We've had our last day of training and I have a pile of material and lots of scribbled notes, but if someone asked me for my name, I feel as though I'd have to ask for help. And they're going to turn us loose on the library floor?! As tough as it was, I almost wish I could turn around and go back into training. We had our last class this afternoon, and got our schedule for the rest of the week. We're going to be doing a lot of shadowing and reverse shadowing, a kind of Siamese Twin patron assistance team. It should be very interesting, and probably rather scary.

On the bright side, I've been asked to conduct the Elijah Women's Chorus for one of their rehearsals. Our lovely director is leaving the mission on the 23rd and they're scraping around in the bottom of the barrel for a replacement. I don't think I'll be the replacement, but it will be fun to direct such a good choir, with such fabulous accompanists. I plan to have me a real good time before I fall off the podium into oblivion. Such chances don't come very often.

On a brighter note, it is incredibly beautiful here and I'm going to put in some photos to prove it. I don't know which ones they'll be yet, but chances are they'll be in the Plaza, around the Church Office Building, or Temple Square. Or, if Bob hasn't yet shown his gorgeous night shot of the valley from his brother-in-law's house, I might put that in. Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * *

Addendum: I obviously have a lot to learn about uploading photos. Sorry about the mish-mash! Just do the best you can with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't wait to come up and see all this good stuff in person. Is it getting easier yet? Deb