Many thanks to my friend Linda Smith, who provided this link for me: http://www.simicommunitychristmas.com. I'm extremely interested in one of the performers in particular (Amy, natch!), and many who will be doing the various mini-concerts are friends and former colleagues of mine. It made me very nostalgic to read the bios and see the photos. Linda does amazing work and seems to thrive on having too much to do, as you can see by her blog: http://lamsingslink.blogspot.com. Frisco's was good last year, but I doubt if it could have come up to this standard. Go, Simi! I'm sorry to be missing out on all the fun, but we're in a good place to be in the audience for some beautiful Christmas concerts here, and I'm really looking forward to them.
I get so hungry for piano time that I snuck into the Training Zone this morning and played on their little upright piano for about an hour. Felt good!! I guess I'll be playing flute on a piece for the Elijah Choir Christmas concert, and I got to write it myself. It sounds pretty good over the arrangment I did for the Simi Valley Stake Choir a few years ago as part of a medley. So that will be my Christmas music jollies for this year. I can see by all the lights going up and being tested that it will be beautiful here during the Christmas season. Nevertheless, it will be our first holiday season without any family and will feel very strange indeed.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment