
I can't believe I haven't posted any pictures of the destruction of the ZCMI complex. It's a subject of rapt interest in all the zones that have east-facing windows with a view of South Temple. I have a video, which I don't even know if I can embed here. The first part, of Dexter the T. Rex at work is pretty good, but then I began waving the camera around and talking to a friend, because I thought I had turned the camera off. So once the picture turns into the scooter handlebars you can quit watching. The other two are the way the place looked about the middle of last week, and the the way it looked after we came back from a day off. Dexter is really chewing up that building!
We had a lovely encounter earlier this week and it was a huge surprise and about as delightful as anything could possibly be. We bumped into Bob and Linda Little from Simi Valley, who had stopped off in SLC for some supplies before making a whirlwind visit to California and then returning to serve the remainder of their mission at the Nauvoo temple. They looked great and we were thrilled to see them. And then a couple days later I finally made contact with an old singing friend from California, Dick Bybee, who is working in the Church Office Building. He sang with me and my sons in both the Cambridge Singers and various church choirs. We're going to go to lunch next week and he can meet my dear husband. I'm looking forward to that!
As for the rest of the week -- we had 2 soup socials on Monday, when it was still quite warm outside, and we went to a concert at the tabernacle last night, when it was finally beginning to turn nippy. Today it rained, so perhaps winter is here to stay. I haven't had much to do at work and so have been getting a lot of music projects done. Most of it is for other people, but some of it is for me, me, me.
Here goes with the pictures. Wish me luck!
Sorry, but I can't get the video to load. Too bad. I keep hoping that Dexter doesn't find Wall-E.
No comments:
Post a Comment