Sunday, November 30, 2008

'Tis the season!











Here are pictures of what we see every day, and what Bob has been up to in the library (I don't include my own research because it just doesn't seem to be happening for me). I love the pics of that lovely family and what they represent. Temple Square is absolutely beautiful. Bob hasn't begun to take pictures of the lighting yet, but it's spectacular. But I think my favorite sights are the biblical figures they have scattered around the Square; they're so reverent but so human, and bring me such peace. The Tab choir did all Christmas music for the broadcast this morning and I was in heaven -- my favorite music of all, and we'll get it all month long, not just from the Choir, but every day and every evening, in every venue on Temple Square, there are performances by some group or artist or other. I think every high school in the Wasatch valley has fielded a group, and there are several flute choirs, several mission choirs, some string groups, some Mexican groups, a bagpiper group -- a little bit of everything. Tomorrow afternoon at 3 I'm going to sneak down to the lobby and listen to a flute choir. What a great place to work!!


The shot of the microfilm is from an old German church record written in Latin. It's no wonder that Bob has to spend hours at a time when he looks at that particular microfilm. First he has to decipher it and then translate it.


And while I'm at it, I'll publish a picture of the continuing work they're doing across the street, with the helpful supervision of every staff member on the 3rd floor East in the Joseph Smith building. We're all doing a spectacular job. (Sorry about the photo placement. The pictures never go where I want them to and I don't know how to move them. But you get the drift.)
Hey -- I love you all!!!!!


1 comment:

pinky said...

So now I get to comment on your blog! I want to get up there to see you both this month no matter what! We have tickets to the Tab Choir Christmas concert, but it is on Sunday Dec 14 in the AM...not sure we can make it up there then. Our trip to So. Cal for Thanksgiving (see today's post on my blog) was mainly to see how our oldest son is doing. He was diagnosed in late October with lymphoma and is now undergoing chemo. He is very blessed in that he has a type that is highly curable.