. . . as we approach our final 2 1/2 days of training. Where will we be assigned? Our fellow trainees are beginning to cautiously ask one another, "Do you have any preference? Where do you think you may wind up?" Some are having to struggle to learn computer skills, and some are there mainly because their spouses are genealogy addicts and are having to learn research skills. Some have definite preferences, which I believe the presidency takes into consideration but doesn't let it take precedence over their own inspiration.
We've had over a week in the training center, have been taken on a tour of the Church History Library, an awesome place, and have experience in the big Family History Library, so by now I feel so strongly about the inspired guidance of this whole enterprise (and it's a huge and magnificent organization) that I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever decision they make for me. I haven't stated that I had a preference, so it will be up to them. I suppose they get some input from my trainer, a patient and capable woman. They seem rather interested in Bob's professional photography career, but I don't have anything exceptional to offer. Of course, should they choose to put me in the Walker's office, where there are two computers and a midi keyboard -- hey! I'm all over it!
Friday is almost here . . . tick, tick, tick.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
On the other hand, second-guessing the powers-that-be - while amusing - is also fruitless. Out of roughly 16 changes on my mission, I correctly guessed exactly one of them. That was probably the one where my next assignment involved an airplane and a homecoming. Anyway, we're all just as excited to find out where you both will be assigned! Much love from the Anaheim Contingent!
Post a Comment