. . . with badges and everything. This is my third attempt to attach photos so you can see how saintly we look all duded up as missionaries. And I have to stick in a photo that shows you how effectively we get around. It's a 15 minute walk over to the Joseph Smith building -- uphill both ways, or so it seems, and lots and lots of construction and missing sidewalks to detour around. Bob is getting a workout, but I'm sitting "pretty," at least if you consider Maxine pretty. I love my little Go-Go scooter and it sure is a life-saver in this neck of the woods.
We had a lovely luncheon today and got lots of information, with much more to come when we start training on Monday. My brain will probably explode, but it will be all good stuff that leaks out. At the end of the 2-week training period we'll get our assignments. We'll get trained on PAF, NewFamilySearch, and lots of other neat stuff, even if we get assigned to Church history or administration. We also get 4 hours every week and one whole day each month to do our own research, and our free time is pretty much ours to do with as we wish. We're already going to a picnic Monday at Heritage Park (we'll probably freeze, but it will be fun). Utah weather is interesting, to say the least. For me one of the most exciting things is the choir. The Elijah Choir is huge and sings all over the place around here, but we have to start with the Men's and Women's choruses and work our way up. The problem (for Bob, anyway) is the 6:15 a.m. choir rehearsal. I personally can't think of a better way to start the day, but Bob will likely have to work up to it. Hopefully his love of singing will save the day.
2 comments:
Love it love it LOVE IT!!! You both look wonderful, and Maxine has never look so, um, righteous. I'm going to see if I can
Wow, what a first day you've had! And a choir to boot! Well, you're off to a running start and I am anxious to hear and read about your experiences. Deb :)
Post a Comment