Friday, June 20, 2008

We're assigned!



We had our last bit of training today, followed by an inspiring "Go Forth" meeting, followed by a trip to the temple. That was followed by lunch in the cafeteria, wherein the mission presidency bussed our tables. Neat! I'm glad they didn't offer to wash our feet -- I felt funny enough giving them my dirty dishes and used napkin.

Our assignment is the stuff of Bob's fondest dreams -- we're assigned to the Family History Library, in the U.S./Canada reference zone. So now we go back into training for two more weeks, and I hope that I can learn enough to be able to help other people. Our trainers assure us that we can, and everyone who knows anything about that zone says that it's really wonderful and that we will love it. I'm including photos of our trainers, Sister Wallace (Bob's) and Sister Bettinson (mine). I've already uncovered some new information during training and I am pretty jazzed about being turned loose in the "candy store."

We got home early today, but will start in again on Monday with an early call for choir, so right now I am going to take a nap! How lovely to have an apartment with two matching recliners. The housing team was inspired, for sure.

No comments: